1 pounds 1/2" thick flank steak*
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lime, juiced (1.5 tbsp)
1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves and stems, roughly chopped
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and cut into 8 wedges
Cook brown rice.
1. Flatten out steak(s) and slice in half lengthwise with a very sharp knife to yield two thin pieces.
2. In a large glass container (such as a baking dish) combine olive oil, garlic, lime juice, maple syrup, salt, pepper, cumin and parsley.
3. Add steak to marinade, cover dish tightly, and let marinate in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
4. Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush with a little oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Remove the steak from the marinade discarding any parsley bits that stick to the meat (they will burn).
5. Place steak on hot grill pan and cook for 3 minutes each side (2 minutes per side for skirt steak). Cooking times are for 1/2" thick cuts of meat.
6. Remove from grill pan and allow to rest covered with foil for a few minutes.
7. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal into several pieces.
Serve with "Fresh 20 Salsa", rice and avocado slices.
(glutenfree, healthy, main, favorite)