1.Cook a 2½ lb. Chicken in 1½ qt. of Water and 2 tsp. Salt. Cook until tender. Remove meat from bones and cut into bite size pieces. Let broth cool, do not stir. Remove Fat from Broth. Save Fat.
2.Sauce: Combine Eggs, Flour, Salt, Pepper, slowly add Milk. Stir and cook on low heat until thickened. Cool slightly.
3. Dressing: Use either Mrs. Cubbinson's or Peppridge Farms packaged Dressing. Follow directions on package.
4. Topping: Melt cube Butter in saucepan. Break up 3 or 4 slices of Bread into bit size pieces. Coat Bread with melted Butter.
5.Grease a 9X13" pan.
6. In the bottom put all of the Dressing, cover with a layer of half the Sauce, then all of the Chicken, then the remainder of the sauce.
7. Top with Buttered Crumbs.
8. Bake 1 hour at 350º.
9. Can be made ahead, add topping and bake.