1. Rub chicken breasts with brandy. Let them stand about 10 minutes.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and marjoram.
3. Heat butter to the point of fragrance.
4. Sauté chicken fillets over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove to heated ovenpoof platter and keep warm.
5. To remaining butter in pan, add ˝ cup dry sherry. Simmer over low heat until liquid is reduced to half.
6. Add, stirring constantly, cream beaten with egg yolks. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7. Stir and cook until slightly thickened.
8. Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
9. Sprinkle with grated cheese mixed with equal amount of fine buttered bread crumbs and glaze under broiler (optional - I've never done this step and it's fabulous without it).