1.Sieve besan flour in a large bowl.
2. All the ingredients under Dhokra except water and Eno salt. Mix well with a whisk.
3. Gradually start adding the water to the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and has a running consistency.
4. Keep the bowl aside for about 15 minutes to ferment.
5. Set up the steamer with water on medium high heat.
6. Grease a 9" diameter cake pan.
7. After 15 minutes, with the water is boiling, add Eno salt to the batter and sprinkle 1 tsp. of water on top of it.
8. Mix the batter well with a whisk. The Eno will cause the batter to rise and will almost double in size.
9. Pour the batter in the greased cake pan and insert it in the steamer with a lid.
10. Let the dhokra cook for about 20 minutes. You can use a toothpick in the centre of the dhokra to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the dhokra is ready.
11 Shut the heat and remove the dhokra pan from the steamer to cool.
12 Cut the dhokra into squares or diamond shaped
1. In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and mustard seeds.
2. When the mustard seeds start to pop, add curry leaves , green chilies and lastly mustard seeds.
3. Add the water, lemon juice, salt and sugar.
4. Let the water boil for about 3 minutes.
5 Shut the heat off and pour the Thadka on top of the dhokra sloly so that it absorbs the water.
Serve with Dhokra chutney or Red chutney.