1. In a medium bowl, combine cherries, mixed frit, raisins, currants, dates and almonds.
2. Stir in brandy, let stand 2 hrs. or overnight.
3. Dredge with ½ cup flour.
4. Preheat oven to 275 F.Grease an 8 x 8 x 3 fruit cake pan.Line with parchment paper and grease again.
5. Alternately add and mix dry and liquid mixtures.4 dry and 3 liquid additions.
6. Fold in floured fruit and turn into prepared pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 3 to 3 ½ hrs. or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from pan and lift off paper.
9. Cool completely, then wrap loosely in wax paper and store in airtight container.