Preheat oven to 375º parchment paper covered cookie sheet
1. Cream butter, shortening and sugar by hand (i use my Mix Master)
2. Add eggs and vanilla, cream together again.
3. In a separate bowl conbine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well, i use a wire whisk.
4. Slowley add flour mixture to creamed mixture, stirring until well combined. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
5. Combine reserved sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Again, I mix these two with a small wire whisk.
6. Romove dough and form into small balls. Roll balls in the sugar and cinnamon, then place on cooking sheet.
7. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
8. Remove and let cool on sheet for two minutes, them move the cookies to a wire cooling rack.