1lb ground beef
1 large onion, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 cup salsa
1 cup long grain white rice (NOT minute rice)
1 cup water
1 cup beef stock
2 tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
SKIP THE CHEESE FOR DAIRY FREE
1 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
green onions, to garnish
1. In a large pan, brown beef.
2. When beef is lightly browned, add diced onions and peppers.
3. Cook until beef is fully cooked, onions and peppers are soft.
4. Add can of tomatoes with green chili- no need to drain.
5. Add salsa, rice, water and stock.
6. Stir well to combine.
7. Add in spices and mix, cover.
8. Let simmer on low until rice is soft and liquid has cooked off.
9. Top with cheese, stir in until it melts.