CRUNCHY MAPLE WALNUT
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Note: Chop walnuts by hand, a food processor releases too much oil from the nuts
1 tablespoon real maple syrup
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
Note: The coconut oil must be melted or your topping will clump together
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Dash of sea salt Note: A dash is less than 1/16th of a teaspoon
DRY MIX INGREDIENTS
2 3/4 cups almond flour Note: I use Honeyville or Bobís Red Mill Almond Flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
BANANA MIX INGREDIENTS
1 3/4 cups (about 4 1/2 bananas) pureed VERY RIPE bananas
8 Medjool dates, pitted Note: Medjool dates are larger & sweeter than regular dates
2 tablespoons oil Note: I love and use Avocado oil it
is excellent for baking
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin/cupcake pan with 12 papers.
2. Make the Crunchy Maple Walnut Topping and set aside.
3. Whisk Dry Mix Ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, set aside.
4. In a food processor, combine VERY RIPE bananas (Do not overfill your measuring cups), Medjool dates, oil, vanilla and eggs. Whirl until smooth. Pour Banana Mix Ingredients over the Dry Mix Ingredients and stir until mixed.
5. Spoon batter into paper lined cupcake/muffin pan. Sprinkle each muffin with Crunchy Maple Walnut Topping.
6. Bake 2530 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.