• 3 TBSP Butter
• 2 TBSP Olive Oil
• ¾ cup Onion, diced
• 1 cup Celery, diced
• 4 cloves Garlic, minced
• ¼ cup Flour (or thickener of your choice)
• 2 cups Half & Half
• 4 cups Chicken Broth
• 1 cup Carrots, diced
• 3 cups Fresh Spinach, chopped
• 2 cups Cooked Chicken, shredded (Deli Rotisserie is simple!)
• 1 pound Gnocchi
• ½ tsp Basil
• ¼ tsp Thyme
• Freshly Grated Parmesan for serving
1. In a large soup pot, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the oil, onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and lightly browned around the edges, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
2. Sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly as the flour cooks, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk in the half and half and simmer until thickened, about 4-6 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened again, about 2-4 minutes.
4. Add the carrots, spinach leaves, chicken, gnocchi, basil, and thyme. Continue to cook until all the ingredients are just heated through.
5. Season with salt and pepper, serve with freshly grated parmesan on top.