2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tbsp molasses
1 cup canned pumpkin, or cooked pureed pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
optional: 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (will make the cookies chewier)
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Have ready 2 greased baking sheets
2. Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, molasses, pumpkin and vanilla (and if using, flax seeds) until
very well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet in 3 matches, folding to combine.
5. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
6. Drop by tbsp onto greased cookie sheets. They dont spread very much and so can be placed only an inch
7. Flatten the tops of the cookies with a fork to press into cookie shape.
8. Bake for 16 minutes at 350F
9. Remove from oven and get the cookies onto a wire rack to cool.