• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
• salt and flour to taste
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 8 ounces mushrooms sliced and cleaned
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• ½ tsp Marjoram
• 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine
• 1/4 cup chicken stock
• 1/4 cup dry white wine
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Optional: Parsley and chopped carrots for garnish
1. Split chicken breasts through the middle to make 2 pieces. Wrap in plastic and pound each one flat until they are about a quarter-inch thick.
2. Season with salt and pepper on both sides of each piece of chicken.
3. Put flour on a plate and dredge chicken both sides in the flour. Keep flour on plate.
4. Heat oil over medium-heat. When the oil is hot, fry each piece of chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
5. Remove chicken and place on a serviing platter covered with foil.
6. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown (about 8 minutes). Set aside.
7. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to the pan, then add shallots and garlic. Cook until soft (about 1 minute)
8. Pour flour from plate into pan. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. Add marsala, white wine, lemon juice, and chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any of the brown bits (fond).
10. Cook until sauce is slightly reduced (about 2 minutes). Return the chicke and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook another 2 minutes or until heated through.
11. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish as desired. Serve hot.