• 2 pounds cabbage, shredded
• 2 cups water
• 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 2 cups milk
• 1 cup chopped green onions
• Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• Crumbled cooked bacon and minced fresh parsley
• In a large saucepan, bring cabbage and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
• cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving
• cooking liquid. Keep cabbage warm.
• Place cooking liquid and potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough
• additional water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce
• heat; cover and cook for 15-17 minutes or until tender. Drain and
• keep warm.
• In a small saucepan, bring milk and onions to a boil; remove from the
• heat. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add milk mixture; beat until
• blended. Beat in the cabbage, salt and pepper. Drizzle with the
• melted butter, bacon and parsley. Yield: 12-16 servings.