1 side of salmon fillet
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ cup boiling hot water
½ cup raisins
2 tablespoons tomato paste
14.5 ounce can diced tomato
1 ½ cups orange juice
¼ cup 80% bitter sweet chocolate
1. In a small bowl, pour in boiling water and add crushed red pepper. Steep for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium pan, heat olive oil and sauté onion, garlic, cinnamon stick, and raisins for 15 minutes on medium-low heat until translucent and tender.
3. Add tomato paste to pan and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Add diced tomatoes, orange juice, salt, and steeped red pepper to pan with the onion mixture and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Remove cinnamon stick, add chocolate and cook on low heat an additional five minutes. Puree mixture using an immersion blender (or transfer mixture to a blender).
7. Place salmon on prepared sheet and brush puree on top. Bake for 35 minutes.
8. Remove from oven. Transfer salmon to a platter and pour off remaining sauce into a bowl. Garnish with grilled orange slices and radish micro greens. Serve with remaining sauce on the side.