Ingredients for Dressing
¼ C fresh lime juice
2 tbsp. honey
½ tsp cumin
1 clove garlic finely minced.
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Salad
1 medium head romaine lettiuce chopped in aproximatly ½ inch piecdes
1 medium bell pepper (any color) diiced in ¼ inch pieces
½ medium red diced in ¼ inch pieces
1 med zucchini diced in ¼ in dice
4 medium tomatoes seeded and diced in ¼ dice
4 ears of corn if fresh corn is in season, subsitute 1½ C of sweet, tiny frozen corn
1½ C finly chopped cilantro plus whole cilantro leaves for garnish
i package of tortilla strips (found in the crouton section)
For the dressing,
1. Combine lime juice, honey, cumin, garlic, and salt.
2. in a slow steady stream add the oils, stirring continuously with a fork or small whisk.
3. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Set aside
For the salad,
1. place corn, two ear s at time, in the microwave and cook for 3½ minutes.
2. Remove from microwave with a hot pad and allow to cool for 5 mins.
3. After cooling, cut bottom end of corn off about 1½ inches from the end. Pull back huskes and silk. Cut kernels from husks and set aside.
4. combne corn and othe salad ingredients in a large bowl=. Stir to combine. Add dressing and stir to coat all ingredients. garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with tortilla stips on top or place a bowl on the side and let guests help themselves.