1 frozen pie crust
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup whipping cream
3 drops hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
1 can (3 oz.) french fried onions
1 tbsp. dried or frozen chives
Optional: mushrooms, chopped onions, bacon, chopped green peppers. (add any of these items to the top).
1. Put frozen pie shell in a 8inch pie plate.
2. Microwave at high for 1 minute until softened.
3. Press firmly on plate.
4. Brush with Worcestershire sauce.
5. Prick pie shell.
6. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of pie shell.
7. With fork beat together- eggs, cream, hot pepper sauce. Pour over cheese in pie shell.
8. With fork beat together- eggs, cream, hot pepper sauce. Pour over cheese in pie shell.
9. Chop fried onions (medium fine). Pour over top and lightly press down.
10. Sprinkle chives over top.
11. Microwave on medium for 11 to 13 minutes, rotating plate after 6 minutes.
12. Let stand for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
Bacon and Cheese Quiche: Follow recipe except sprinkle 4 slices of crisp bacon over cheese before adding custard. Substitute shredded Swiss cheese for mozzarella if desired.
Ham and Cheese Quiche: Follow recipe, except, substitute sharp cheddar cheese for mozzarella. Before adding filling spread one can of deviled ham over bottom of crust. Then add cheese and the rest of the ingredients. Microwave at medium 12 to 15 minutes.
Green Chilies Quiche: can be cut in small wedges and served as an appetizer. Follow recipe except, sprinkle with 2 tbsp. chopped green chilies over cheese before adding custard mixture.