1 cup cauliflower florets
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 tbsp. margarine or butter
1 tbsp. flour
¼ tsp. dried basil, crushed
½ cup milk
¼ cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup cubed, fully cooked ham
1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp. snipped parsley
1. Place cauliflower in 1 qt. casserole.
2. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. water.
3. Cook, covered on 100% (high) power in microwave for 3-5 minutes or until nearly tender.
4. Drain cauliflower and set aside.
5. In same 1 qt. casserole cook onion and butter, uncovered on high heat in the microwave, until the onion is tender.
6. Stir in flour, basil, and pepper.
7. Stir in milk all at once.
8. Cook, uncovered on high for 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave, until the mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring ever minute.
9. Stir in Swiss cheese till melted.
10. Gently fold in cauliflower, ham, tomato, and parsley.
11. Cook, covered for 1 to 2 min more at high heat in microwave, until mixture is heated through.