Peanut oil for stir frying
2 lbs. boneless chicken breast- sliced thin
3 cups bok choy- sliced thin diagonally
1/2 lb. snow pea-pods- sliced long in half
1 cup celery (or more) sliced diagonally
1/2 cup almonds (optional)
3 dry mushrooms-- soak in hot water for 15 minutes and then slice.
Optional: zucchini, broccoli, water chestnuts
4 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp MSG (Lynda- leaves this out)
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp wine- pale dry sherry
1 tsp. sugar
2 cups chicken broth
3 tbsp. cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup of water
sesame oil for flavor
1. Preheat oil (6 to 8 tbsp.) in wok for stir frying chicken pieces.
2. Stir fry chicken on high heat; stirring constantly for 5 to 7 minutes, until meat is done.
3. Remove the chicken meat with a perforated spatula or spoon to a dish.
4. Add 2 more tbsp. oil to the pan and stir fry the celery, bok choy, for 3 minutes on high heat.
5. Add the mushrooms and snow pea-pods and mix well.
6. Add salt, MSG, wine, sugar and mix well.
7. Add chick broth and cornstarch water mixture to wok. The broth should thicken quickly.
8. Add sesame oil for flavoring and turn off heat.
9. Add chicken back to pan and mix well.
10. Serve over rice.