1 lb. lean ground beef
⅔ cup chopped onion
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. salt
Dash of hot pepper sauce
8 hamburger bunds
Garnish: tomato slices, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese
1. Crumble beef into a 2 qt. microwave safe casserole.
2. Scatter onion, bell pepper, and garlic on top.
3. Cover with lid or vented plastic wrap.
4. Microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in tomato sauce, Worcestershire, chili powder, salt and hot pepper sauce.
7. Microwave uncovered on high 6 to 8 minutes, stirring twice, until sauce is slightly thickened.
8. Spoon beef mixture on bun bottoms.
9. Garnish with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese if desired.
10. Replace tops.