2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
Salt and pepper
SWEET AND SPICY HOISIN GLAZE
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. Dissolve 3 tablespoons salt in 1½ quarts cold water in large container. Submerge tenderloins in brine and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. Remove tenderloins from brine and pat completely dry with paper towels. Brush roast with vegetable oil and season with pepper. Transfer 1/3 cup glaze to bowl for grilling; reserve remaining glaze for serving.
3. FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).
4. Clean and oil cooking grate. Place roast on cooler side of grill, cover, and cook until meat registers 115 degrees, 22 to 28 minutes, flipping and rotating halfway through cooking.
5. Slide roast to hotter part of grill and cook until lightly browned on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Brush top of roast with about 1 tablespoon glaze and grill, glaze side down, until glaze begins to char, 2 to 3 minutes; repeat glazing and grilling with remaining 3 sides of roast, until meat registers 140 degrees.
6. Transfer roast to carving board, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice roast into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve with remaining glaze.
1. Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat until shimmering.
2. Add in garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Whisk in hoisin and soy sauce until smooth. Remove pan from heat and stir in vinegar.
3. Transfer 1/3 cup glaze to bowl for grilling; reserve remaining glaze for serving.