2 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 onion, diced
3 pieces of bacon, chopped into 1/4″ pieces
2 tsp salt, divided
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 lb sirloin roast, cut into 1″ pieces
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
3 C chopped mushrooms
2 Tbsp flour
1 C beef broth
2 C chicken broth
8oz wide egg noodles
1/2 C heavy cream
2 C chopped spinach
1. Turn IP on Sauté and add 2 Tbsp olive oil to the bottom of the pot. Give the oil a minute to heat up, then add the diced onions, bacon, and 1/2 tsp salt to the pot. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the bacon starts to brown and the onion begins to soften.
2. Season the roast pieces with 1 tsp salt and the freshly ground pepper. Add the meat to the onion and bacon and stir to combine. Brown the meat for about 2 minutes, stirring a couple of times to sear it evenly on all sides.
3. Add the minced garlic and the thyme to the pot, cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant.
4. Add the chopped mushrooms to the pot, and then the flour. Stir the flour into the mixture to coat the ingredients.
5. Immediately pour in both broths and 1/2 tsp of salt.
6. Add the egg noodles and stir well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
7. Cover the IP, close the pressure valve, and cook on high pressure for 17 minutes.
8. After 17 minutes on high pressure, quick release the pressure and switch back to Sauté.
9. Pour in the cream and stir to combine. Continue to cook the stroganoff for about 5 more minutes to let the sauce thicken.
10. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the spinach. Add additional seasoning as desired. Serve immediately.