1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
2. Add butter and sugars to the bowl of a mixer and beat until smooth, creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together and add to the butter mixture. Mix together until just combined.
5. Scoop dough into a large piping bag.
6. Pipe strips of dough out onto prepared sheets.
7. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until it is golden enough.
8. When the cookies are cool, dip the tips in melted chocolate, and place on parchment paper to set.
9. (Optional) Dip in sprinkles if you so choose.