1. Mix heated water with salt, sugar, yeast,powdered milk, & vegetable oil
2.Add 1 & 1/2 cups flour to mixture and beat 2 minutes on medium speed.
3.Add 1/2 cup flour to mixture and beat 2 minutes on high.
4. Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough ( 2-3 more cups.) Knead 2-3 minutes.
5.place in a greased bowl and let rise 15 minutes.
Skip steps 1 through 5 and place all ingredients in a bread machine. Select dough setting.
6. Divide dough in half and divide each half into 12 balls and place in 2 greased muffin pans.let rise 15 minutes in oven that has been preheated for 5 minutes @ 200 degrees.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Variations:pizza crust :
1. Make dough as above, except omit step five, and divide dough into three pieces.
Pat dough into 3 greased pizza pans or cookie sheets.
2. Add toppings and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
To brown top, put under broiler for 2-4 minutes,or until brown and bubbly.
Pepperoni pizza:1 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 cups mozzarella &/or cheddar cheese,pepperoni.
Taco pizza:1 cup cooked ground beef & 1 cup cooked beans mixed with 1 packet taco seasoning & 1/2 cup water ;sprinkle with one cup cheddar cheese. Bake as above and spread one can diced tomatoes in itallion style sauce, shredded lettuce, 1 cup shredded lettuce, 1 cup shredded cheese, and crushed Doritos or taco shells. Top with taco sauce.
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 tsp. itallion seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon basil & 1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 teaspoon EACH sugar and onion powder
1 TBL. oil for flavoring (optional)