2 Tbsp canola oil
1½ lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
1 can (6 oz) Mexican tomato sauce or enchilada sauce
½ tsp cumin
Slaw: (can use slaw bag mix in lieu of first two ingredients)
½ heads cabbage, sliced thin
½ heads purple cabbage, sliced thin
1 whole jalapeno, chopped
½ c whole milk
½ c mayonnaise
1 tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ cayenne pepper
½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
16 whole corn tortillas, warmed (can use flour tortillas)
Pico de gallo
1. Combine shredded cabbage and sliced jalapenos in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix milk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, and cayenne.
3. Pour over cabbage.
4. Toss to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours if you have the time.
6. Before serving, toss in cilantro leaves.
1. Heat canola oil in a heavy skillet over high heat.
2. Throw in shrimp and toss around, cooking until opaque.
3. Reduce heat to low, pour in the red sauce, stir to combine.
4. Stir in cumin, cook for another minute or two, then remove from heat.
1. Serve the warm tortillas with the shrimp, slaw, pico de gallo, avocado slices, and lime wedges and let everyone build their own tacos.
2. Be sure to squeeze lime juice over the top at the end.