1 1/2 c quinoa, dry
2 T. coconut oill
2 garlic cloves, crushed
12 oz can of corn drained (fresh or frozen corn is fine)
3 any color medium-large bell peppers, diced
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 T cumin
15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 c plus 1/4 c (for garnish) cilantro, chopped
1/4 c plus 1/4 c (for garnish) green onions, chopped
1 1/2 c plus 1/2 c tex mex cheese, shredded
3/4 c coconut milk, light
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Cook quinoa per package instructions and undercook by 4 minutes. Add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and get an 8x11 baking dish ready. Set aside.
3. Preheat a large skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds,
mixing often. Add corn, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper and cumin. Mix and saute undisturbed for
3 minutes, mix and saute for another 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with quinoa.
4. To the quinoa and sauteed vegetables, add black beans, 3/4 c cilantro, 1/4 c green onions,
1 1/2 c cheese, coconut milk and salt. Mix enough to combine all ingredients.
5. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c cheese and bake 30-40
minutes uncovered. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cilantro and green onions, and
serve warm. No need to let the casserole cool down.