1. Preheat oven to 375º. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray; set aside.
2. To make the crumb topping, combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk in melted butter. Add flour and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Spread out mixture on parchment paper to dry until ready to use.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, canola oil and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
5. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping, using your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter. Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. To make the glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and milk. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thin, add more confectioners’ sugar as needed.
7. When the muffins are done, cool for 10 minutes and drizzle the glaze on each muffin.
8. Allow glaze to set before serving.