1. In medium size pan, add 1 stick of butter to 1 cup of boiling water.
Stir to melt butter.
Add 1 cup of flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt all at once.
2. Cook, stirring vigorously until mixture is smooth and forms a soft ball that does not separate.
3. Cool mixture slightly, add 4 eggs, one at a time.
Beat vigorously after each egg is added.
Beat until mixture is smooth.
4. Drop batter onto greased cookie sheet. Makes about 10 pastry puffs.
5. Bake in very hot oven, 450º for 15 minutes, then in slow oven, 325º for 25 minutes.
6. Fill puffs with cream filling (recipe below).
7. Frost with chocolate butter frosting (recipe below).
Cream Filling (use double boiler):
Mix flour, sugar and salt in container with lid and shake so flour won't be lumpy.
Add this to the scalded milk in top of the double boiler.
Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
Add a small amount of this mixture to the egg yolks.
Stir into the hot mixture.
Cook for a minute or two stirring.
Add butter and vanilla, then cool.
Chocolate Butter Frosting:
Melt butter and chocolate in microwave.
Add 10x sugar, milk and vanilla until able to spread.
Ice top of cream filled pastries.
Yields 10 servings