1. Bring potatoes and 1½ tsp. salt (that are covered with water and with a lid on pot) to a boil.
2. When potatoes start to boil, start peas, 1½ tsp. salt, and sugar in 2 c. water to boil.
3. When peas start to boil, only boil 1½ min.
4. When peas are done, potatoes should be done. Drain water.
5. Add cream to peas. (DO NOT drain peas.)
6. When pea mixture starts to boil, add milk and flour mixture.
7. Cook medium high, stirring constantly, until thick.
8. Add pepper to peas just before adding it all to the potatoes.
9. Gently stir.
10. Season with salt and pepper to taste.