1. In a powerful blender or food processor, mix together all ingredients for the mint layer (avocado, honey, melted coconut oil, coconut flakes, mint, and sea salt) until creamy.
2. Carefully pour the mixture into the 9x9 baking pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until solid.
3. Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil for the chocolate topping in a small saucepan.
4. Once the coconut oil is warmed, drizzle in the honey, stirring well.
5. To avoid ending up with chunks, use a sifter to sift the cocoa powder into the coconut oil and honey mixture, stirring frequently.
6. Add mint extract and a pinch of sea salt and continue to stir well. The honey and the oil don’t like to mix, so the constant stirring is necessary to keep them well combined and evenly distributed.
7. Set aside the warm chocolate mixture and retrieve the 9x9 pan from the fridge.
8. Carefully pour the chocolate layer on top of the mint layer and turn the edges of the pan to evenly distribute the chocolate across the top.
9. Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes or until completely hardened before serving.
10. When you’re ready to serve this, gently loosen the foil/parchment paper and dump the entire pan out upside down on a cutting board.
11. Gently flip it over and cut into bars. Store in the fridge or freezer and garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.