1. Let deer roast soak in milk overnight or 12 hours
2. Cut beef in to 2 inch cubes and sprinkle evenly with spices
3. Turn Instant Pot on Saute and melt butter or coconut oil
4. Saute onions for 4-5 minutes until tender and slightly browned. Deglaze pan with red wine.
5. Add roast pieces in a single layer on top of the onions.
6. Pour broth over the roast.
7. Put lid on instant pot, lock, seal and set on manual for 40 minutes.
8. Release pressure and add carrots and potatoes
9. Reset instant pot to manual for 10 minutes.
10. Release pressure and transfer meat to covered dish
11. Create a gravy by turning on saute setting.
12. Add mushrooms, extra wine, butter, and thyme.
13. Let liquid reduce for 10 minutes.
14. Whisk in sour cream.