For the Batter
1 c. Almond Milk
3 T. Coconut Oil, melted
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tsp. Dark Maple Syrup
¼ c. Almond Flour
½ tsp. Baking Soda
¼ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
For the Apples
2 Apples, cored and diced
2 T. Unrefined Coconut Oil
3 T. Honey
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ tsp. Ground Nutmeg
Juice from ½ Lemon
Additional coconut oil (for greasing ramekins)
Chopped Pecans (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
2. Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, liquid coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, ground nutmeg, and baking soda.
4. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients and set aside.
5. In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add the unrefined coconut oil.
6. Add the honey and mix in the apples, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and lemon juice.
7. Stir to coat the apples and then turn off the heat.
8. Use ceramic oven-proof ramekins or paper muffin cups. If using ramekins, use coconut oil to grease the inside of each.
9. Divide the apples evenly into each cup.
10. Pour the batter over the apples in each cup.
11. If using ramekins place them on a baking sheet and then put in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn the heat down to 375 and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
12. Garnish with chopped pecans. Serve hot.