- Boil potatoes. Cool, peel, and cube.
- In saucepan, melt butter and slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add flour stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Add salt ,pepper and parsley.
- Pack potatoes into a buttered 5 x 9" buttered pan. They should fill the pan. Pat down firmly and evenly.
- Pour the white sauce over the potatoes, mix together.
- Chill at least 4 hours. Unmold on buttered heat-proof platter.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to turn slightly brown.