1. Chop onions and celery, if using a food processor don't chop these too fine.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in 4 tbsps of butter until tender.
3. Add potatoes, broccoli and broth, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes till potatoes are tender.
5. In a small skillet, melt remaining 4 tbsps of butter, add flour to make roux, cook roux over low heat until yellow blond in color and set aside.
6. To cooked potato and broth mixture, add water, cream and roux stirring continuously until mixture thickens.
7. Stir in the cheese, bacon bits, parsley, pepper and paprika..
8. Cook over low heat until the cheese is melted, stir continuously and remove from heat when cheese is melted.
9. Garnish with croutons, if desired.