3 pounds chicken (8 pieces total—thighs, breasts and drumsticks)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 strips bacon, diced
1 large sweet onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pint cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups dry white wine
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until it’s well browned, about 4 minutes per side.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the bacon to the pan and cook until the fat begins to render, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms, and sauté until the mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add the browned chicken back to the pan. Pour the wine into the pan, stir in the mustard and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat.
5. Cover the pot and simmer until the chicken is almost fully cooked, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Uncover the pot and add the cream. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.