1 ~ lb. package of lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
Your favorite fettuccine sauce or 2~jars of prepared.
1~lb. mushrooms, sliced
2 ~ 8 oz. packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I use 3 pkgs.)
1~lb. whole milk mozzarella, thinly sliced or a large package of shredded
3 garlic cloves, minced ~ more if you like (I use more)
1 cup dry vermouth
2-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (7 oz.)
(See note #2 for additional ingredients suggested)
Melt butter in large skillet, add mushrooms, garlic: saute until mushrooms begin to brown. Add artichokes and vermouth. Cook until liquid is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper.
Artichoke Lasagna Layering ~ 15" x 9" Baking dish or pan:
1. Thin layer of fettuccine sauce
2. Layer of Lasagna noodles.
3. 1/2 artichoke/mushroom mixture
4. Fettuccine sauce, some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
5. Layer of Lasagna noodles
6. Ricotta cheese mixture (See note #2)
7. Layer of Noodles
8. 1/2 artichoke/mushroom mixture
9. Fettuccine sauce, some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
10. End with layer of noodles, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake lasagna covered with foil 1~hour (1 hour & 15 minutes if chilled.)
Remove foil. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Bake lasagna until golden on top, about 10 minutes)
Note #1 ~ I used a metal baking pan and put the lasagna under the broiler until the top turned golden.
Note #2 ~ Since this is my own version of this recipe and I never cook anything exactly from a cookbook, I added a layer of the following mixture: 15~oz. Ricotta cheese, mixed with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, 2 eggs, parsley, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed.
This is also a vegetarian, do~ahead recipe.