1. Finely chop the celery, red pepper, onion and broccoli
2. Cook above ingredients in 4 cups boiling water until barely tender.
3. Drain and save liquid and some flowerettes for garnish.
4. In saucepan heat butter until melted.
5. Blend in the flour and cook stirring constantly until well blended and golden but not brown.
6. Add chicken broth and 2 cups broccoli cooking water, stirring until smooth
7. Add vegetable ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. Put into blender, a little at a time, and pulse til smooth
9. Pour back into heavy saucepan and stir in heavy cream that has been beaten with the egg yolks.
10. Put soup on heat but do not let it come to a boil.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste
12. Garnish with reserved flowerettes, chopped chives and sour cream.