1 ¾ Cups All-purpose flour
¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
½ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Salt
½ Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
½ Cup Milk
1 tsp. pure Vanilla Extract
12 Large marshmallows, cut in half diagonally
2 Cups Confectioners' (Powdered) Sugar
4 Tbsp. (1/2 Stick) Unsalted Butter, melted and Cooled
¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
¼ Cup Milk
¼ tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 375º degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, milk and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add reserved flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined.
3. Using a Tbsp. or 1 3/4 inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies begin to spread and become firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Remove baking sheets from oven and place a marshmallow, cut side down in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Return to oven, and continue baking until marshmallows begin to melt, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting
5. To prepare frosting - place confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter with the cocoa, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Add milk and vanilla and whisk.
6. Spread about 1 Tbsp. of frosting over each marshmallow, starting in the center and continuing outward until marshmallow is covered.
If you're putting two sheets in the oven at a time, switch top and bottom sheets halfway through baking.