3 tbsp. honey
1½ tbsp. white sugar
4 tsp. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
2-4 c. vegetable oil for frying
½ c. milk
½ c. all-purpose flour
½ c. cornflake crumbs
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
3 c. chopped romaine lettuce
1 c. chopped red cabbage
1 c. chopped Napa cabbage
½ c. carrot, shredded
1 green onion, sliced
1 tbsp. sliced almonds
⅓ c. chow-mien noodles
1. Using an electric mixer, blend together all the ingredients for the dressing a small bowl. Refrigerate to chill while you prepare the salad.
2. Preheat oil in a deep fryer or frying pan.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg, add the milk, and mix well.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, cornflake crumbs, salt & pepper.
5. Cut chicken breast into 4 to 5 long strips. Dip each strip into egg mixture, then flour mixture. Coat well.
6. Fry each chicken finger 5 minutes, or until coating is a nice, dark brown.
7. Prepare the salad by tossing lettuce, cabbages and carrots.
8. Sprinkle green onion on top, then almonds, then chow-mien noodles.
9. Cut chicken into bite size chunks. Place chicken on the salad, forming a pile in the middle. Serve with the salad dressing on the side.
10. Makes enough for 1 serving. Multiply as needed.