1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz. box), softened as directed on box
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. flour
1 c. water
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 c. lemon juice
1 c. white vanilla chips or 6 oz. chopped which chocolate baking bar
1 (8 oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
see "Cool Whip Topping" recipe
1 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
1. Heat oven to 450º.
2. Make pie cruse as directed on box for one- crust baked shell using 9 inch class pie pan. Bake 9-11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
3. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch and flour. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Stir about 1/4 c. hot mixture into egg yolks until well blended. Stir egg yolk mixture in to mixture in saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice. In 1-quart saucepan, place 1/3 c. of hot filling; cool remaining lemon mixture 15 minutes. Add vanilla chips to hot filling in saucepan; cook and stir over low heat just until chips are melted.
6. In small bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluff. Beat in melted vanilla chip mixture until well blended. Spread in bottom of cooled baked shell. Spoon lemon mixture over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set, 2-3 hours.
7.To toast almonds, place on cookie sheet; bake at 350º for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Or spread almonds in thin layer in microwavable pie pan; microwave on high for 4-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
8. Pipe or spoon "Cool Whip Topping" over pie; garnish with toasted almonds. Store in refrigerator.