1.Cook meat on medium heat. Keep breaking the meat up the whole time so that it ends up into small pieces. (No chunks) When the meat starts to look a little brown, add the crushed red peppers and garlic. Mix well. Keep cooking the meat until it is VERY well done and all of the grease is cooked off.
2. In another large pot, heat the spaghetti sauce on low (while you’re cooking the meat) and stir sauce every couple minutes.
3. Once the meat is extra brown and crumbly, add it to the pot of heated spaghetti sauce. Add the sugar and stir well while it all simmers. Turn oven on to 350º so it heats up while you do the layers.
4. In a large pot, fill with water a little over half full. Add salt and olive oil. Bring water to a boil. Add at least 12 lasagna noodles (or less depending on the size of the lasagna pan). Boil for 6 min then drain and set aside till you start the “layering” process.
1. Place cookie sheet under the disposable lasagna pan.
2. Place at least 3-4 lasagna noodles on pan-or at least enough to cover the entire bottom of pan.
3. Separate the two containers of cottage cheese into 3 parts and put I/3 down on top of the noodles.
4. Turn off the burner that was heating the spaghetti and meat. Use a large spoon to scoop sauce and place on top of cottage cheese. (I use enough to cover the entire thing but keep in mind you need enough for two more layers after this)
5. Add about 1 whole bag of mozzarella cheese (unless you don’t want it to be too cheesy).
6. Repeat the same steps for 2 more layers. After all the layers are complete, sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese all over the top using at least a half a bag.
7. Use tin foil to cover the lasagna and bake for 50 min.
8. Remove tin foil and bake for another 45 min or until the cheese is fully melted on top and it starts to look like the cheese is turning brown around the edges. (I like mine more “browned” than not)
9. Once you remove it from the oven, let it sit to cool for about 15-20 min before serving.