2 tbsp. of olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped into small pieces
4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
3 c. of vegetable broth
(1) 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
(1) 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
(1) 15 ounce can of kidney beans
(1) 15 ounce can of great northern beans
(1) 15 ounce can of black beans
1 tbsp. baking cocoa
½ tsp. of black pepper
½ tsp. of chili powder
½ tsp. of oregano
⅛ tsp. of cayenne pepper
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add in the oil. Once the oil is warmed, add in the onion and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Mix in the remaining ingredients, increase heat, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer the chili cooks, the more flavor it will have. So, if you've got the time, let it very gently simmer on the stove for an hour or even up to 2 hours. If you cook it for several hours, you may need to add in just a bit more broth or water.
5. Once ready to eat, take off of the heat and garnish with some ENJOY!