2 c. Flour (gf)
2 c. Sugar
⅔ c. Carob powder
1 c. Brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Vanilla
½ tsp. Salt
⅔ c. Vegetable oil
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, soft
¼ c. Creamy peanut butter
2 c. Powdered sugar
2 tsp. 2% milk or cream
½ tsp. Vanilla
Miniature carob chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º F. Use 13x9” greased pan.
1. Sift together flour, carob powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
2. Combine oil and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until well-combined. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition and scraping sides of bowl.
3. Stir in coffee and vanilla. Batter will be thin.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
1. Combine cream cheese and peanut butter in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
2. Spread frosting over cooled cake and sprinkle with carob chips. Store in refrigerator.