1. beans over-night (baby limas work best)
2. Rinse and drain thoroughly
3. For every cup of beans add 3-4 cups water... * (I use 1 1/2 cups ..beans so I use approx.6 cups of water, but just* keep adding water as they boil ....
4. Boil vigorously for 10 minutes
5. Cover and simmer for approx.1+ hour or .. until soft
**Be careful not to let them boil dry!!**
(2+ hours if not soaked over-night)
Add to bean pot onion, diced celery, brown sugar+, mustard, bacon (chopped), Salt & Pepper,
Ketchup (HEINZ Ketchup)!!
Add enough water to attain the desired consistency (approx 1 cup) and stir ingredients.
Bake @ 350 for several hours until soft and flavors have blended...
*****Don't let the beans cook dry ........ check them every so often and add water as required.*******
(I usually check them every hour to make sure they don't go dry !!) (Because the beans do soak up the water quickly!!) ... make sure to stir occasionally.