1 Lb hot Italian Sausage (Removed from Casing)
1 medium onion , chopped
4 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
1 pint heavy cream
3/4 cup vodka (plus 3/4 cup for the chef to drink)
1 T sugar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (Or to your taste)
8 leaves fresh basil
salt and pepper
2 T olive oil
1/4 C grated parmesan
1 Lb pasta (Penne works well)
1) Cook pasta according to al dente instructions, drain, set aside.
2) In a large skillet, cook the sausage in olive oil over medium heat until done. (about 15 minutes) Stirring occasionally.
3) Add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 to 7 more minutes, until onions are softened.
4) Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add vodka, simmer to 10 minutes to cook of alcohol.
5) Turn heat to low, add heavy cream. Stir.
6) Add pasta to skillet, stirring to mix thoroughly .
7) Garnish with Basil and Parm.