Directions for Crumb Topping:
1. Stir together brown sugar, flour, and rolled oats.
2. Cut in 1/2 C. butter until topping is like course crumbs. Set aside.
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
3. Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell.
4. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
5. Place pie on a cookie sheet so the drippings don't drop into your oven.
6. Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
7. Baked in a preheated 375 degree over for 25 minutes. Then, remove foil and put back in for another 25 to 30 minutes without foil.
8. Remove from oven. Sprinkle pie with chopped pecans then drizzle with caramel on top.
9. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy warm or at room temperature.