4 cups canola oil or peanut oil
1 teaspoons pepper, fresh cracked
1 teaspoons salt
2 yellow onions, sweeter the better, Vidalia or Texas sweets
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 teaspoon garlic, granulated
12 ounces beer, medium body
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Cut onions 1/2-inch thick, separate into rings and soak in buttermilk for 1 hour.
2. Combine 1 cup of flour, salt, pepper, and garlic, mix thoroughly.
3. In a medium bowl combine beer and 1 cup of flour, mix thoroughly.
4. In a Dutch oven heat oil to 350 degrees F.
5. Remove onion rings from buttermilk, shake off excess, dredge in flour, shake off excess, then
dip in beer batter.
6. Drop some onion rings in oil and continue process, being sure not to crowd rings as they will
stick together. When golden, remove and let drain on paper towels.
7. Garnish with Parmesan.