1 package (6.6 ounces) instant home-style mashed potatoes
*I make my own mashed potatoes-1 1/2-2lbs of B-sized potatoes, washed & chopped
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained (I just throw in some frozen corn)
1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 envelope taco seasoning (I omit this-add extra of the below spices plus cumin)
1½ teaspoons chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Prepare mashed potatoes according to package directions.
*If making own mashed potatoes-wash and chop potatoes. Put in saucepan with water. Bring to boil until potatoes are
Add milk, butter, garlic salt, and then mash.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
3. Add the tomatoes, corn, olives, taco seasoning, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil;
cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
4. Transfer to a greased 2½ quart baking dish. Top with ¾ cup cheese.
5. Spread mashed potatoes over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Serve with tortilla chips.