1. Preheat oven to 400º. In large bowl, toss peaches with lemon Juice and almond extract.
2. In small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt. Add mix to peaches and toss until well combined.
3. Prepare pie crust. Fit into 10-inch pie plate. Poke various holes with fork tines.
4. Pack peach mixture gently but firmly into pastry-lined plate so pie doesn't sink as it cools. Roll out second pie crust an inch larger in diameter and place on top. Slice steam-release vents. Pinch both pastry edges together.
5. Dip fingers, or pastry brush, in 2 Tbs milk; pat over top crust. Top with sprinkled sugar.
6. Place completed pie on baking sheet in middle rack of preheated oven. Bake for 55 mins. until well browned and peach filling bubbles.
7. Remove to wire rack to cool. Prior to serving, top with premium vanilla bean ice cream. Relish the goodness!!
Recipe from My Random Sampler