6 T. melted grass-fed butter
2 T. olive oil
¾ C. brown sugar
¼ C. unbleached sugar
1 large egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1⅓ C. all-purpose flour
½ t. baking soda
1 t. large-flake sea salt
5 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
Nut pieces of your choice are optional. (pecans, walnuts...)
1. Preheat oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter, olive oil, brown sugar, and unbleached sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until just combined.
6. Fold in chopped chocolate. (Fold in nuts if including)
7. Cover the bowl and place in the frige for 20 to 30 minutes.
8. Scoop out 1-inch balls of dough and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake 11-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown while the centers remain gooey.