¼ cup Unsalted Butter
¼ All Purpose Flour
½ Yellow Onion, julienne
1½ Tbs. Coleman's dry mustard
1 cup White Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup Provolone, shredded
1 cup Italian Fontina, shredded
½ cup Romano
½ cup Asiago
1 cup Wisconsin Cheddar
¼ cup Parmesan Reggiano
1½ Tbs. Kosher Salt
1 Tbs. White Pepper
2 qts. Heavy Cream
¼ gallon Vitamin D Milk
6 ups Cavatappi Pasta (or pasta of choice)
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
Heat oven to 400º
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente (where there is a little crunch left.)
2. Grate White Cheddar, Provolone, Fontina, Romano, and Asiago
3. Grate Parmesan Reggiano and Yellow Cheddar in their own separate containers.
3. In small pot, melt butter and stir in flour until it turns blonde in color (blonde roux) and set aside.
4. In a 3 gallon stock pot, caramelize onions in olive oil until golden. Add heavy cream, milk, seasoning and bring to a simmer. Add the roux and bring back to simmer for 2 minutes. Place in refrigerator and cool completely. Once cooled, add cheese until well blended. Add pasta to cheese sauce until completely coated.
5. Place pasta in a 4 in. deep, 9"x16" pan and spread evenly. Top with yellow cheddar cheese and bake for 45 minutes, covered with foil.
6. After 45 minutes, remove foil and top with parmesan reggiano. Place back in oven for another 3-5 minutes until top in golden brown.