1. Sprinkle or crumble yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and stir until dissolved.
2. In Mixing bowl, add scalded milk, sugar, salt, shortening, (and personal additives). Mix; when lukewarm, add 3 spanked eggs.
3. With spoon, add 2 cups sifted flour (flour only, omit the cups). Stir until elastic and almost as smooth as a baby's tomato.
4. Stir in yeast, spoon helps. Add remaining 2 1/2 C flour. Beat the hell out of it.
5. Transfer dough into a larger greased bowl.Oil or butter top of dough.Let rise at about 85 F or 29.4444 C to double.
6. Gently press down the dough with your little pinky. Transfer dough to floured surface (only flowers in season will do). Kneed lightly for 3-5 minutes (basketball knee pads help)
7. Roll out to 1/4 in thickness (use gauze) - cut into circles. How big? guess. Pat each circle into an oval (shape, not egg) then spread with soft butter.
8. Place 1/2 chocolate folded in half in center of oval. Pinch together. Place seamed side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Paint rolls with a spanked egg. Let rise until doubled. Bake 15 minutes at 400.